Sunday, September 6, 2015

What??? A musical and a speech.....

 
Hey Everybody!

I hope y'all have had a lovely week this week! I wish I had words to explain to y'all what I'm feeling right now about everything that happened this week but I really don't! It's been incredible and humbling and I'm so excited/nervous for all that is yet to come.

So this week, in a period of about 24 hours, I was told that I needed to write a 10 minute musical, then a speech for a Korean speech competition, and then a talk to be given on Sunday with our mission president, President Shin. I for real almost died.

Luckily I have the best companion in the world and she woke up every morning with me at 6 so I would have time to write all of these things and to help me translate them throughout the day. 

The musical will be performed this coming Saturday at a family home evening that the ward is hosting at church. They asked me to write it about my conversion story. So I put everything in a fairytale setting and tried to make it fun for the kids :) My district leader called me after he read it and said he cried... I'll let you know how it goes next week! haha. 

Then.. the speech competition. Holy cow. It was held by a man named Robert Holly who is American, served a mission here, and is supperrrrrrrr famous in Korea! I literally was so nervous, but thankful that I was competing with some of the sisters I was in the MTC with, and so many Koreans who work so hard to learn English to be able to compete as well (the Koreans spoke in English and the Americans spoke in Korean). When all was said and done, my favorite friend from our ward, Jo Eunbi, took home the gold for the English contest and I got a free dinner for two for winning the Korean contest! Hahahaha the Lord must have performed some sort of miracle to help me win. It was so much fun and a super awesome experience for me. 

Then.... Sunday.... oh man. I was so nervous y'all. Speaking with President was something else. Seriously such a huge blessing, and so humbling. Our members did an amazing job of bringing people to church and there were so many new people that came we didn't have enough missionaries to sit by them! We saw our members get so excited about missionary work and the spirit in the church when so many new people came. Although I hardly slept the night before, the talk went well and  everyone had a wonderful time hearing from President and sister Shin :) I think we will continue to see amazing things happen in our ward because of their influence. And I though after a week of speech writing and preparing and giving I could rest for a bit... but the Lord has other plans.

We got transfer calls today, and Sister Oh and I are both staying in ChoongJang (YAYYYYYYYY) but we are both getting new greenies (WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT). WE literally could not believe it. Hence why I don't know what to call this email or even what to write y'all right now. It's so humbling to think that the Lord trusts us to take care of two new sisters and this area. I have a strong feeling that for the next long while I will be learning how to rely on the Lord on a whole new level. But if there's anything that I've learned from this last week (thanks to some crazy experiences and awesome talks sent to me by Milly and Leifsy), it's that as we exercise faith, the Lord is able to do through us far more than we ever could on our own. It is because of Him that we are here. and because of Him all things are made possible. 

We will meet our new sisters on Thursday! So next week we will send lots of pictures and let you know how amazing they are! :) If you could pray for their safe arrival and to calm their hearts as they start this amazing experience we would be super grateful!

Love y'all so much and am praying for you always! :)

with huge smiles and hugs,
Sister Weston

P.S. Also gave a speech in English class, haha forgot, but it was about Alabama and everyone loved it! ROLL TIDE!
Birthday Box!!!

GwangJu



Rock Star Speech

Philippino Sisters

Ummm Yummm!

No comments:

Post a Comment