Sunday, September 6, 2015

No Coincidences

Hello Everyone!

Well, this week has been nuts. I met my new companion Sister Uhl on Thursday and y'all will literally not believe this!! 

We got to Deajeon on Thursday morning and had a training meeting before meeting our greenies. They put all of our names on the board next to our greenies names, and when I saw sister Uhl's name all I could feel was this overwhelming sense of peace. I thought I should be really nervous but I wasn't. They showed me a tiny black and white picture of her and told me she was from Provo and I was like "YEAH AWESOME! let's go meet her!" Then, they let us in the room where the greenies were and everything got crazy....

I saw Sister Uhl and immediately both of our faces lit up, we ran to each other and hugged and started crying.... y'all..... I worked with her in OneStop at BYU!!! At the time I only new her as Rachel and when I saw her tiny black and white picture I couldn't recognize her but when we got face to face it all became clear. There is no way on earth it's a coincidence that we are now companions and working together in the most amazing mission in the world. The Lord truly has a plan for all of his children and he is individually aware of each one of us. 

Sister Uhl is awesome! She has got to be the sweetest person on the planet. She loves soccer, and plays piano super well, loves to sing, loves to serve, and is pretty much the best companion. She reminds me a lot of Sister Millard and her sister Maddi :) Which makes me super happy! I'm excited to learn from her, work with her, and see what the Lord's will is for us the transfer. 

We also performed that musical I told y'all about last week! It was so fun and the members loved it. Thank goodness sister Uhl can play the piano because she seriously pulled the whole thing together. But in a super pivotal moment when one person spun off the stage and I spun on, my knee did that thing where it collapses and it was pretty epic. Don't worry though haha the recovery was somewhat graceful and everyone seemed to enjoy it :))) 

A girl that we are teaching named Yuna is currently preparing to be baptized. she has the purest spirit and we are so excited for her to start a new path in her life- but we really need y'alls prayers that she can continue to prepare well and feel the Lord's guidance and love in her life. Thank you always for your prayers I love you so much!

That's it for now! This week was wonderful and I'm so excited for this next week too! AHHH! It's crazy not having a Korean companion to turn to when you don't understand something- but I think the Lord wants me to learn to rely on Him more and it's working! I love all of you so much and I hope you have a lovely week!

All my love,
Sister Weston

P.S. If you get the chance to read Alma 26:12 I promise you won't regret it :)
New Companion Sister Uhl

Sister Dolittle

More Eating


Out with the Old (Oh) and in with the new (Uhl)


Goodbye Sister Oh

Sister Whiting from the MTC

 

No comments:

Post a Comment