Sunday, March 13, 2016

A New Town

Hey everybody!
 
Well, it's time to start a new chapter in this journey :) We have loved the past 7 and a half months in GawngJu- but we find ourselves in a new, super new, place called SaeJong! WAHHH!!!!
 
If ever there was a place like The Giver, Paper Towns, or The City of Ember in real life, it is Saejong. The city only began to be build couple of year ago and listen to some of it features. It has the longest (not necessarily biggest but longest haha) government building in the world, the garbage works on a vacuum system so when you put it in the shoot it sucks it out of your hands and down to the center of the city, everythinggggggg works on key pads and you can call the elevator from inside your room or turn the gas off as you walk out the door, and every single toilet has bum spraying capabilities. I really don't know how I ended up here but this is a place of dreams.
 
Funny thing happened, I was originally schedule to stay in GwangJu until Sunday because of some needs in the area, but I received a call on Thursday night and was requested to come to Deajeon the next day- so basically we packed up with few goodbyes and headed out the next morning at about 5:30! I am extremely thankful that it happened that way though. I was able to say goodbye to my Korean mom and dad, share a final testimony and then come to meet the amazing new branch I'll be serving in.
 
Actually Sister McDonald, my new companion who was my co-Sister Training Leader in the MTC (so nuts!!!), and I are covering two areas, SaeJong and GongJu (which in Korean means princess;)) But because SaeJong branch was opened only a couple of months ago our focus is mostly there. And guess what, IT'S AMAZING! The Branch members are sooo excited about missionary work and growing the church in this new city and really just spreading the love and the joy of the gospel, which is the most important. We were extremely blessed to see one of the sisters investigators be baptized on Sunday, her name is JeongSuk Park. She is a mother of two sons and has the biggest heart and desire to bless her growing family. We sang the special musical number, Nearer my God to Thee, right after she gave her testimony of how she hopes for the gospel to bless her sons and there was not a dry eye in the house. It was so beautiful.
 
I wish I could right more but I'm still kind of figuring things out here! We are really close to Daejon and President and Sister Shin which is an amazing blessing! And this transfer I have the opportunity to serve with the Daejeon, Cheonan, and JeonJu zone sister as their Sister Training Leader. The sisters in these zones are INCREDIBLE! And I've had the chance to serve with many of them before in the field or the MTC so I know we are going to have a lot of fun and see so many miracles together!
 
If there's anything I've learned this week, it's that the Lord truly guides us in our lives when we need to be moving and He holds us when we need to be still. It's incredible to see everything y'all are doing at home, welcoming baby Boyer into the family and watching as life keeps getting better! I know Heavenly Father remembers you always.
 
I love this work so much. I love our Savior Jesus Christ. I love all of you!
 
Have a good week!
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment