Monday, April 27, 2015

The Unexpected

Hello everybody!

It sounds like everyone had a really good week this week which makes me happy :) I still pray for y'all every morning and night! This week was really amazing. Sister Kim Hayun is probably the sweetest person on the planet and she loves Beyoncé so we get along great ;D I'm soooooo excited to stay in Onyang and be able to work alongside her. I have a feeling we are going to see a lot of miracles.

Yesterday we went to visit Ahn Young-Ah,  the woman I told y'all about last week who owns her own art gallery. When we arrived, she asked why it had taken me so long to return and I felt super bad!! She had bought all of us ice cream in expectation of our return and it was ready for us when we got there :) She had also had a present wrapped for me. It was the picture that I had told her was my favorite last time we visited. I couldn't believe it. This is how generous people are and it amazes me every day. She also had bought Sister Park and I shoes, and she made us journals. 

All I could give to her in return was a small drawing that I had made the day we met. I knew that she would continue to be someone very special and close to me heart and I wanted her to have that memory, even if it's just a small thing. And I shared with her Doctrine and Covenants 121:9 and tried to express how thankful I am for her friendship and the love and generosity she has shown to us even though it feels as though we don't have much to give her. I think perhaps she has found new hope since we began to visit. And I know she has felt God's love. She begins to cry every time we talk about it. At the end of it all, I had left to say was that she was our miracle. And we both started crying. We are going to try to visit her again this Tuesday

I wish I had time to tell you about every single amazing person I've met since I've been here, because there are so many. But I hope from this one special person you can have an idea of how kind the Korean people are and how much they want to give. All I have is myself to give them but they always accept that as enough.

I love it here and I know God is teaching me so much and I try to share all the blessings he has given me. The small, unexpected things that happen everyday always prove to be the biggest blessings to me. I think if I were to count them all I'd be counting forever. 
 
Always remember how much I love all of you! Your support means more to me than I'll ever be able to explain and it's because of y'all that I'm able to do this. 

I know that if you pray, God will hear you. Never forget He is there.

All my love,

Sister Weston

P.S. this little boy, Hyunu, found us as we were walking on the street, haha. We were able to come over to his house and teach his family a little bit and they accepted a Book of Mormon. I'm telling you, the unexpecteds are the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment