Thursday, August 13, 2015

새상이 좁다 (it's a small world)






 
Hello everybody!

Looks like you all had a wonderful week this week and are enjoying summer :) I'm happy to hear that! It's still hotter than ever here but we got another fan in our house so we are grateful, haha. 

There is really just one person I want to tell y'all about this week, and if I have time maybe a story or two. 

It was my second or third day here in Gwangju when we were coming home from dinner. There was a foreigner at the bus stop and when I saw her I had to say hello- well turns out this foreigner happened to be from France!! Her name is Marine, and we only talked for a couple minutes, I gave her our phone number and then she had to go. I was super happy to meet her but honestly didn't much expect to see her again (that kind of thing happens all the time).

But a couple days later she tested us in the morning to say that it was really nice to meet us and she loved how happy and kind we were to her, and that if i wanted to practice my French more we could call her anytime. UHM YA! We kept in touch with her periodically throughout the week and tried to set up a time to meet but nothing was really working out, UNTIL, on Tuesday one of our appointments fell through and we gave Marine a call. She said she had other plans for that night but she could meet tomorrow in the morning. 

Turn out her other plans happened to be with her French friend that attends our sister ward in Gwangju and the sister missionaries there! So when we met the next morning, she couldn't stop talking about what a small world it is and how lucky she felt to meet us. 

As we talked more, she told us she always wanted to learn about God but while she lived in France never really had the chance. She even wanted to go with her friends to Sunday school and still remembers some of the things her friends taught her about what they learned there. She believes God has a plan for everyone and that in this life God wants us to learn and grow and He gives us experiences to help teach us things. Sometimes she even talks to "whoever is there" before she goes to sleep and she wanted to know how to really pray. When we taught her how, she asked, "when I pray... can I get answers?" She wanted to know if God really hears us and if He gives us what we ask for. It was an amazing experience for me to be able to give her the hope and knowledge that He does. At the end of our time together, she told us she thinks God lead us to each other here in Korea and it was part of His plan for us to be able to meet. I couldn't agree with her more. 

I know god puts people in our lives for a reason, and puts us exactly where we are for a reason. He hears all of our prayers whenever we want to talk with Him and He answers them too. It was a miracle to me that we met her, that she texted us, that we had a French Book of Mormon to give her (which she was so so thankful for- she said "wow, it's my first religious book!" she's so cute!!) 

I just love it here and I'm grateful for everyone I'm able to meet and talk to and share this experience with. I love you all so much and I pray for you always! Enjoy your summer and do fun things! 

Love, 
Sister Weston

P.S. We were on our way to the park on day and saw this woman with a super cute dress so we told her her dress was cute, and she invited us to come eat with her and her friends outside this little shack that overlooked part of the city! We at fresh peaches and corn and talked and it was just a really cool moment I'd thought I'd through in. You never know when you're going to get invited to eat with kind Korean strangers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment