Saturday, June 11, 2016

It's Not About You

Hey Everybody,

As you all know, my time out here is coming to and end rather quickly. And although I could never possibly express to you all the things that I have learned, there is one thing that has stuck out in my mind specifically this week that I wanted to share with you- 

I have been blessed throughout my mission with companions that are gracious and loving to express to me what they have learned from our time together, I have been blessed to learn from them and build upon my weaknesses, I've been blessed to see miracles, to be part of successful teams, to speak Korean and eat the best food in the world-- but wow-- it's not about me. 

What it is about, is woman who was baptized and stood to bear testimony in her first sacrament talk less than a month later,  the man who received the priesthood and was able to pass the sacrament to ward in need of hope, and all the people who come unto Christ during our time, and after our time if we simply remember not to get in the Lord's way. 

"There is one responsibility which no man can evade; that responsibility is his personal influence...the silent, subtle radiation of personality--the effect of his words and his actions on others. This radiation is tremendous.

Every moment of life man is changing, to a degree, the life of the whole world....He cannot escape for one moment from this radiation of his character, this constant weakening or strengthening of others...[but] man can select the qualities that he would permit to be radiated. He can cultivate sweetness, calmness, trust, generosity, truth, justice, loyalty, nobility, and make them vitally active in his character. And by these qualities he will constantly affect the world." -David O McKay

When I realized this, much later than I wish I would have, everything because so much more... simple, faithful, love driven, and amazing. At the end of our journey our character is changed, our influence hopefully becomes that of the words President McKay described, and that it all because it's not really us, it's the Lord being unrestricted by our pride or personal desires and it's the reflection of those we love. It is only through this that our small efforts change the course of someones eternity. 

Everything we do makes a difference, but it's not about us. And that's a pretty great thing. 

If you could please continue to pray for Sister Kang, Sister Par, and Leslie whenever the thought crosses your mind, that would meant he world to us out here. They need a miracle! :) 

This week will be our last Zone Conference and all I can think about is bearing testimony of the Savior for the last time in that setting, please pray that I may be able to make it through the words hahaha. We'll tell you how it goes next week and also about that story from Sister SunYoung! 

love you all so much, praying for you always! 


P.S. The picture is of our Philippine investigator Leslie and a little girl in our ward :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment