Tuesday, July 7, 2015

This is my day!

Hey Y'all!

I'm going to keep the email a little bit short this week because I have a lotttttt of pictures I want to send! But there were two big big miracles we saw that I need to share with you :)

The first happened on thursday. We had just finished weekly planning and desperately needed to clean our fridge and so we were a little flustered leaving our appartment. I was kind of stressed about how the day might go and was really just hoping for the best. While sister Kim and I were on the bus, I took the seat on the very back row because it gives you an opportunity to sit next to multiple people instead of just one. No one was on the bus, and I figured probably no one was going to sit next to me but it was worth a shot. When we were about ten minutes away from where we were going to get off, a woman got on the bus and when she saw me her eyes just lit up! Of course my eyes lit up too and I said hi! She didn't know me but she really wanted to talk to us and kept saying how lucky she felt that she met us on the bus, and how small the chances were for that to happen. She was a very poor woman but she wanted to meet so we offered to buy her lunch. 
As we walked through the market she held my arm and when we entered the restaurant she said in the most sincere voice I've ever heard, in english, "This is my day!" She wouldn't stop talking about how lovely this day was because she had met us. And we felt the same about her. When we least expect it, God sends us angels to lift us up. 
The next miracle comes from last night, Sunday night. We ate dinner at a families home form the Ivory Coast! We had met the wife on the street about a month ago and gave her our phone number but she never got in touch with us. Then two weeks ago we met her husband at the train station and he wanted us to meet with his wife to help teach her how to read english. When we met with her on Wednesday she said she wanted to cook us food from the Ivory Coast and so she invited us into their home! Y'ALL THIS FOOD WAS SOOOO GOOD! And their family is so amazing. It was probably the most fun night I've had on my mission so far; eating with our hands and speaking a mix of English and french and Korean and talking about all of the things we've been blessed with. 
I really want to write more but I have to send this pictures!
Also cute note for the week.... yesterday the man who owns the pizza store that we often visit got baptized and one of the little girls we are teaching came. After he came up out of the water she gave him a high five and it was so adorable I died. 
 
I love Korea and I will never take for granted this opportunity to serve. When we see the joy other people receive from what we have to give them it makes every thing worth it. 
 
I love yall so much and I hope you're having great summers! Korea is very similar to Michigan in the summer and I love it :) Keep me updated on your many adventures!!
Korean Truck Ridin'

English Class (haha)

Eating Ivory Coast Food
 
 
"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in..." Alma 26:37

All my love,
Sister Weston

No comments:

Post a Comment