Sunday, February 7, 2016

Be Still and Know

Hey everybody!
 
It sounds like you have all been having a wonderful week full of lot's of adventures despite the cold weather. I hope this finds you happy and warm!
 
The email will be short this week, there's just one experience to share.
 
I was asked to speak to the Sisters last night about loving our investigaotrs and members. Throughout the week I thought about this a lot, and I kept searching for what the Lord would have me share with them.
 
The answer came through the son of my adopted Korean mom- and that answer was listen to people. Listen to the children of our Heavenly Father, and then beyond that, listen to our Heavenly Father.
 
This reminded me of a verse my mom shared with me when I came home from college after freshman year, Isaiah 46:10, "Be still and know that I am God."
 
Sister Byun and I went to visit to member families last night, and instead of sharing a spiritual message fromt he scriptures we tried something new. We sang one verse of a hymn, and then invited them to sit and just think about it for a minute or so- about who we are in the eyes of our Heavenly Father and what they felt as they listened.
 
Each person felt the spirit of the Lord so strong, and it ws evident in their tears and in their smiles.
 
I know that when we just let ourselves be, and let the lord tell us what He wants to badly for us to know, we can feel how close He really is to each of us. And even moe than that, we can recognize the love He is trying so hard to show us.
 
I invite you to do the same, just be still and know that He is there. I promise as you do, you will feel and know His love for you is incredible.
 
All is well here in ChungJang- no picutres this week, we are out of time. Love you so much!
Sister Weston
 
Going to the Bathhouse!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment