Sunday, February 7, 2016

Joy and the Good Stuff

Hey Everybody!
 
So glad to hear you all had good new years and life is good :) We started a couple of new years here in the mission, one being the real new year and one being one year since entering the MTC on January 7th! Super amzingly, our Zone had zone conference on the 7th so we got to see some of the people we were with in the MTC which was pretty incredible. This year has been the best of my life. Time goes so fast- but it's the best if we make sure to enjoy every bit of it.
 
I forgot to tell y'all last week that another miracle happened... in 2015 the Deajeon mission saw two hundred people come unto Christ- theres a huge spirit of thanks in the mission right now and I've definitey been humbled by this experience a lot. Heavenly Father knows our hearts, and his children. This would not have been possible without everyone's prayers and fast, and it's just so amazing to see how every miracle fell in place. It's the best!
 
So, yes, anyways.. this week we went to MLC in Daejeon and got to hear about the plans for welcoming the new mission president in June. It makes me feel lucky to be serving with President Shin at this time- and when we were sitting there listening I just felt like I never wanted to leave.
 
At Zone conference I had the opprotunity to give a training, which always helps me learn so much more than I think I ever teach, but spoke about internalizing our missioary purpose, and it seemed to speak to a lot of hearts so I am grateful to have had the opprotunity to help encourage the work. I know that as we love people, and look at the people we work with as we would our own family or others we love, we open our eyes to see them how God see's them.
 
There was a moment this week where all of that came together that I wanted to share with you-
 
We were sitting in sacrament, I was next to brother Soe, the man who wore the pruple shirt, and the sacrament was being passed. I was thinking to myself about those moments when you feel all your works and prayers cumulate together and how joyful that is, and I began to wonder what that next moment would be, and then what the greatest moment might be on this mission.
 
Then the first counselor stood up when everyone wsa done, and he asked Gangnam Lee to stand. I turned around to look at her two rows behind me, and she was smiling- with tears in her eyes as she stood up, and everyone sustained her as a member of the ChungJang ward and the Church. And I realized that it was that moment. And I started smiling and crying too. So I moved seats and hugged her and was so thankful for that kind of joy and love the gospel brings.
 
I'll be honest, we meet a lot of people who struggle to find joy in their lives, and quite often look at us in amazement when we tell them that joy is one of our principle purpose in this life. Sister Byun and I return to our apartment at night so often just thankful, purely thankful, to know how amazing this gospel and this life is- and how joyful we are and can always be.
 
I love y'all so much. You're the best. Thank you for your prayers, the mean the world and make all the difference. Have an amazing week and remember the miracles :)
 
love,
Sister Weston
My Companion

Emailing from Zone Conference

Zone Conference

Family Home Evening

A Recent Convert  - She just submitted her mission papers!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment