Wednesday, June 3, 2015

All That Jazz!

Hey Y'all!

Wow this week was strangely amazing! I say strangely because everything amazing that happened was completely unexpected!

It was saturday, and we were riding the bus to our area. Our appointment feel through so we were just going to make some visits to invetigators that are usually home and see who we could talk to along the way. But while we were talking to this chinese woman on the bus, all the sudden we couldn't find our phone. We thought we brought it with us on the bus but neither of us had it. Anyway, We got the womans phone number and then got off the bus and decided we should go back home to see if we left it there somehow. When we got back, the phone was no where to be found. So the only thing we could do was take the hour bus ride back to our area again and continue on with our day as best as we could without confirming the rest of our appointments. Well, to be honest, I think I like doing missionary work without a phone a lot better!! We weren't in a hurry to get anywhere so we just talked to literally every single person. We found three new people to meet with in an hour!

While we were on the bus, there was one really special woman who we talked to. Actually, I smiled at her and then she started talking to us. Asking us who were were, what we were doing, how we liked missionary work. She said she thought missionary work is such a good thing and she invited us to her house for dinner!! Hopefully we'll be going there on Wednesday. It's just amazing how things like that happen. For real, we didn't know her for more than ten minutes and she invited us to her home. Huge miracle. 

Every sunday in our branch, a missionary is assigned to speak to keep the members excited about missionary work and to share our testimonies. Well this week it was my turn  I had invited our investigator Christine especially to come to church this week because she speaks perfect english and has never really heard me speak Korean before and that's a good excuse to encourage someone to come to church :) Well she's currently attending a different church with her family and I knew that but on sunday morning I just felt like I should call her. And I did, she said she was going to the other church, and I said "That's okay!! I'll tell you how it goes!" I was a little sad but I could understand. Then right about in the middle of my talk, Christine walked into the chapel. I was already tearing up a little bit because the topic was Charity and how much Christ loves us and that's just pulls on the heart strings on it's own. But when she walked in I really welled up and it was super hard not to cry. But I held it together pretty alright until I sat back down!!!

This week get's a big thumbs up from me. Unexpected miracles happen everyday. I hope y'all never get tired of hearing that because it's true! Christ loves each one of us and every person has an unfathomable amount of potential in the eyes of our Heavenly Father. 

I love you all so much! that's all for this week! Talk to you again soon!

Love,

Sister Weston

No comments:

Post a Comment