Sunday, January 3, 2016

Hello 12/6/15

Hey everybody!

I have to be honest with y'all... I'm not even sure what happened this week there was so much stuff going on, haha. I'll try to wrap it up for you though-

Tuesday was Zone conference and it was amazing! Everyone is so excited about this goal to baptize 200 people this year! I was able to talk about turning faith into power, through prayer and concecrating ourrselves in obediance and thought the Lord can work through us to do things that without him are impossible. It seemed to thouch missionaries, and I continue to hear from a couple on how it has changed their work- so I feel really thankful for the opportunity to share my thoughts and testimony. We also got to have interivews with President and I did a roleplay of inviting someone to be baptized with sister Shin in front of everyone! hahaha it was really nervewarcking to be honest but I'm so thankful for the both of them, how much care and love they share with each one of us and how much I learn from them. I'm so glad we will be heading back to America together :)

When it all comes down to it, this is the big thing I wanted to share with y'all this week. It starts in 1 Nephi 17:50- this is Nephi talking...

"And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done."


We often hear that if we had faith as much as a mustard seed, we could move mountains. It seems so small, just a mustard seed. Sometimes it can feel like we don't even have that- or we don;t know how to measure our faith. Sister Uhl and I were talking about this this morning- if someone spent their whole life in faith moving the dirt and rocks of a mountain; well then the mountain would surely be moved. But that made me think, when we move even some dirt, when we budge a boulder, is the mountain not moved? Ofcourse it is. 

In the same way, when we change, when we help other progress or recognize a blessing, when we act in faith, the mountain is moved.

It incredible to me to know what God calls us to do, and that if we have faith in Him we can do it. 

I just wanted you to know that this week- and to know you are all mountain movers. The Lord loves you and is aware of you. He hears your prayers and wants to answer them.

I love y'all so much and you know I'm thinking of and praying for you always! Stay warm and healthy! Goodluck on finals and Christmas shopping!

All my love,
Sister Weston

p.s. it's kimchi making season so everyone keeps inviting us over to help them make it and then give us a ton! But it's so yummy! There's a traditional dinner that goes with it, I'll send a picture


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Korean Coke

American Food

Korean Food

Little Friends


Decorating for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment