Sunday, January 3, 2016

It's the Holiday Season 11/29/15

Hey Everybody!

You know how everyone always says the holiday season brings lot of glad tiding and miracles? Well, they are correct. 

This Thursday was the first snow of the season, and with the first snow, and our first thanksgiving spent in Korea, the Lord decided it was time to give miracles- and he did not hesitate. 

Our district had been taking turns fasting for the week, and the fast moved onto our neighboring district when we were done. As a mission, we are fasting and praying to be able to teach people and bring them unto Christ by Christmas as a birthday present to the Lord, and as you know we have a goal this year  to reach two hundred baptisms. The next part of this email is my testimony that the Lord hears our prayers, he knows are hearts, and when we fast we truly earn his trust and blessings on behalf of his children. 

Friday morning, we go to visit Gangnam Lee, our grandma :) Her back has been hurting so badly this week that we hadn't really been able to teach her, we had only heart attacked her door and dropped off flowers. But on Friday she let us inside, and we were able to talk to her about priesthood blessings and she told us she wanted to get one, and that she had faith the Lord would help her. So we organized for her to recieve the blessing on sunday, and she was so excited!

Then that evening we had Dauens baptismal service, and the spirit was so strong. She was so excited to be baptized and her whole family came! It was beautiful, I'll send a picture for sure :) Her family is amazing. 

Then it was saturday, and a lot of the snow started to melt but the Lord did not stop snowing miracles... I got a call from our Zone leader asking how the day had gone and he told me "well, it's about to get a lot better" Our Zone set four baptismal dates in on day. I've never seen such a miracle on my entire mission and it is all because Heavenly Father heard our prayers and answered them- He truly loves each of his children and desires such great things for them. 

Then it was sunday- stake conference. And President and Sister Shin had come to speak. After Sister Uhl and I talked and prayed, we felt it was best from Gangnam Lee to recieve her blessing from president at the church- so we got in a taxi, picked her up, brought her back and waited for president. He gave her the most beautiful blessing, and then asked me how many lessons we had taught her. I told him, "all of them" and he said "Let's do the baptismal interview today." Gangnam Lee is so excited to be planning a baptismal service on December 20th :) Please continue to pray for her health, and that all things would allow for her to take this next step of faith. We love her so much :)

I wish I could express each small miracle we see each day, but I hope these express even the smallest amount of the gratitude I have, and knowledge that Heavenly Father is there. 

I love you all so much, more than you'll ever know. And I know God is watching over you and working miracles in your lives, I see it in your emails this week and I thank Him daily for being there while I'm gone. Y'all are the best and I love you so! Can't wait for Christmas!!!

Love,
Sister Weston
Baptism 
District Picture

Ping Pong Champs

No comments:

Post a Comment